Zur deutschsprachigen Version: Zoom Anleitung
The FAU offers Zoom video conferencing service as an alternative to DFNconf. You can use this tool to conduct video conference
calls, organize online workshops or provide live online classes.
The webpage with frequently asked questions offers various questions and answers on how to use Zoom. Additional information about Zoom can also be found on the general webpage for zoom (German)
How do I obtain a Zoom license that I can use for organizing a webinar or a meeting with more than 300 participants?
For the organization of meetings with up to 300 participants no separate license is necessary.
Only for the organization of large meetings (>300 participants) or webinars with more than 300 participants, as well as generally for webinars (difference between webinar – meeting see here) appropriate licenses are necessary. FAU has procured a limited number of these and allocates licenses as needed.
If one of the above-mentioned special functions is required, please access the IdM portal and select the item „Request FAU Zoom options“ under „Requests/Tasks“ in the „Services“ section.
What do I need to install in order to be able to use Zoom?
Zoom-Clients are available for Mac, Windows or Linux, and also for iOS and Android. It is also possible to use Zoom in a limited fashion via a current browser. You can find information on operating system support and browsers on the support web page of Zoom
Which hardware is required for video calls?
You will need a (good) microphone, headphones and a suitable web cam. For optimal audio quality the RRZE recommends the use of a headset.
Due to the current situation it is unfortunately very difficult to obtain suitable hardware, because supplies cannot meet demands.
In addition, these devices are currently also not available via IT-procurement frameworks.
For this reason, institutes may obtain suitable devices from a supplier of their choice, provided the IT procurement guidelines of the FAU are being followed.
It is necessary, however, to first seek approval from the RRZE. In case of further questions please contact the RRZE directly at email@example.com.
Who will install the Zoom client for me?
For computers maintained by the RRZE the relevant IT-Support Center will help you.
If your computer is not maintained by the RRZE, then please contact your local system administrator or install the client yourself: Download Zoom.
Please refere to the complete list of all frequently asked questions.
Recommended security-related settings
Open the page fau.zoom.us/ via a web browser and click on the button LOGIN.
Once you have signed in with your IdM-ID you will get to the settings of your account.
For security reasons we recommend the following settings:
- Activate waiting room for all your meetings.
Settings → In Meeting (Advanced) → Waiting room → All participants
- Require passwords.
Settings → Schedule Meeting → Activate Require a password when scheduling new meetings
Settings → Schedule Meeting → Activate Require a password for instant meetings
Settings → Schedule Meeting → Activate Require password for participants joining by phone
- Use mute control functions
Settings → Schedule Meeting → deactivate Host video
Settings → Schedule Meeting → deactivate Participants video
Settings → Schedule Meeting → activate Mute participants upon entry
- Use restrictions on screen sharing.
Settings → In Meeting (Basic) → activate Screen sharing – Host Only
- Use Only show default email.
Settings → In Meeting (Advanced) → activate Only show default email when sending email invites
Hosting a Zoom-Meeting
Setting up a Zoom meeting requires a host with a Zoom account. The host invites participants to the meeting. The participants do not need to have a Zoom account.
Schedule a meeting
For recurring meetings set up a meeting room once and then use this meeting room as often as you like:
- Define a topic for the meeting. Optionally you can also add a description.
- Select „Recurring meeting“ and under „recurrence“ select „No Fixed Time“. This way you can use the link that will be provided again and again.
- Video: Select „off“ for Host and Participant. During the meeting you can always set up video.
- Select „Mute participants upon entry“
- Optionally you can also select to record the meeting. For data protection it is recommended to only record locally.
- Save your settings; afterwards you will receive your Meeting-URL.
- Select „Copy invitation“ to copy all invitation details and send them to your participants. It is also possible to add this meeting to your calendar.
Starting a Zoom meeting
There are several different ways how to start a Zoom meeting:
- To start an instant meeting go to fau.zoom.us/ in your browser. Select : Start a meeting. You are now in a meeting with a randomly generated ID. Invite participants from within the meeting.
- Starting an instant meeting with the Zoom client. This way you also have the possibility to host a meeting with your personal Meeting-ID (PMI). For this simply click on the arrow next to the icon „New Meeting“.
The PMI is your personal meeting room. Everyone who knows your PMI has access to your meeting room. Additional information on how to use the PMI is available on the zoom documentation.
- Starting a scheduled meeting using your Zoom account. Select „Meetings“, set up a scheduled meeting or select an already existing meeting and click on „Start“.
- Starting a scheduled meeting via the Zoom client. Select „Meetings“ in the navigation bar and then select an already existing meeting or click on the plus icon on the upper right of the navigation pane to schedule a new meeting.
Additional ways to start a meeting are also possible, for example from within your calendar. More information is available on the FAQ webpage of zoom.
Virtual backgrounds for Zoom
- Select here the following desired background and save the image file locally → right click → Save Image As
- Start Zoom and click on the cogwheel icon on the upper right.
- On the left select „Virtual Background“ and then „Choose Virtual Background“. If you do not have any background to select we will show you how to add one in the next step.
- Click on the plus symbol and then on „Add Image“.
- Select the saved image file that you would like to add as background and click on „Open“.
- To change the background during a meeting, go to the little arrow next to „Stop Video“ and then click on „Choose Virtual Background“.
Do you have problems with selecting your microphone or your camera? Then please check your settings at:
- Windows 10: Settings → Privacy → Camera/Microphone → Allow access ON Zoom ON
- MACOS: System Settings → Security → Privacy → Camera/Microphone → check box for Zoom
When using Zoom via browser it may also be necessary to allow access to the microphone and/or camera.
Joining a Zoom meeting
To join a Zoom meeting it is not necessary to sign in as a user. It is enough to simply follow the meeting-URL in the email invitation of the host.
Joining a Zoom meeting
- In a current web browser follow the Meeting-URL that you have received from the host.
- If you are using Zoom for the first time on your device you will be asked to install the Zoom software.
- If you cannot install or run the software you have the opportunity to run Zoom in your browser. Additional information can be obtained here.
- If the Zoom software is already installed the Zoom client will open.
- Depending on the settings you will be asked to select an option for audio. Choose „Computer Audio“.
- After this step you will be in your meeting. Now you are able to enable camera and microphone.
- During the meeting you are able to control the main functions using the control bar at the bottom. It becomes visible whenever the mouse is within the window or when you tap onto the window.
Hosting a Zoom Webinar
To schedule a Zoom Webinar a host with a Zoom account and webinar license is required. The host invites all participants and guest participants to the webinar. The participants can join the webinar with video and audio and do not need a Zoom account. In addition, guest participants may watch a webinar either with or without registration. They can participate in the webinar via Chat.
To obtain a webinar license, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can currently find information on webinars on the zoom documentation for the first steps to a webinar.
Schedule your webinar with or without sign-in for participants and guest participants. You can currently find information here:
General guidance on how to use meetings and webinars
In order to keep acoustic interferences for all participants during a meeting at a minimum, it is recommended to mute the microphone when not being used.
Built-in laptop microphones are only partially suitable for use. They transmit room and contact-bourne sound from keyboards which can lead to decreased clarity and unpleasant interferences. For recurring scheduling of meetings and especially of webinars it is recommended to use an external USB-microphone.
The use of loud speakers should be avoided. It can lead to acoustic feedback. For this reason use a headset, or at least headphones; ideally use an audio-voice combination as it comes with every standard smartphone.
Do not use VPN access.